2020 has been a busy, short, long and confusing year all in one. With COVID putting most of the world into lockdown, we have all become used to staying at home. But what has kept a lot of us positive is the thought of travelling again! The question is where to travel, and is it safe?
South Africa is a prime destination for Post COVID travels. With some outstanding hospitals and strict sanitation techniques. You cannot be safer.
Where am I going post COVID?
There are so many choices around South Africa; it can often seem impossible to choose. But there are three places I am going to visit:
- Cape Winelands - The Cape Winelands offer some of the best scenery in the world paired with some of the best wine in the world. Who wouldn’t want to visit? And most vineyards have outside seating to allow for social distancing.
- Kruger Safari - Everyone loves a safari! But few places beat the ease and game viewing of Kruger! At this time of year, the temperature is perfect, making it pleasant to visit. Its time to make that dream of having a South African Safari a reality.
- The Garden Route - This is the best way to see a lot of our country. Self-driving up the Garden Route is a great way to explore while maintaining social distancing. Mountains, beaches, and game reserves all rolled into one.
How to make your travel simpler and safer?
With the new norms of travel, we all want to mitigate our risks as much as possible. Besides the standard regulations of mask-wearing and sanitising. Here are three ways in which you can reduce your risks:
- Hire a car - Hiring a car and self-driving will help you keep your distance during travel. Avoid Uber’s and other forms of transportation.
- Avoid big gatherings - this goes without saying, but it is best to avoid closed spaces. How about hiking up Table Mountain rather than using the Cable Car?
- Stay at a place longer - we often move around during travel but by staying at a place longer, you can avoid the risks of moving between establishments.
Is the Tourism Industry Ready for Tourists?
YES! With months of lockdown and no travel, establishments have used this time to revamp, renovate and prepare for the long-awaited travel bans to be lifted. They have implemented extreme measures to ensure the safety of its staff and guests.
We must realise that the way we travel has changed, but the memories are still there to be made.
Now is the time to enjoy significantly discounted prices! With summer starting to show, don’t miss out on your South African experience.