The entry requirements are as follows:
- All arrivals must present a valid certificate of a negative COVID-19 PCR test, obtained not older than 72 hours (from the time the test was administered to the time of departure from the country of origin), from an accredited laboratory.
- All arrivals will be screened for any COVID-19 symptoms and/or for contact with people who have been infected with the COVID-19 virus.
- Should the traveller display any COVID-19–related symptoms or have been in contact with an infected person, they will be expected to take a mandatory COVID-19 test. This test will be at the traveller’s cost. If the COVID-19 test comes back positive, the traveller will be subjected to quarantine at a designated site, at their own cost.
- All foreign national arrivals are subject to the prevailing visa requirements.
- All arrivals must complete an entry screening health questionnaire.
- Arrivals may be asked to provide proof of accommodation address (or place of residence) should they need to self-quarantine at the time of arrival in the country.
- Arrivals may be asked to download the COVID Alert South Africa mobile app. Information on the app can be found here.
PLEASE PRINT OUT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to present at check-in before boarding your flight to South Africa.