Depart Stellenbosch at 9:00 and cycle backroads and over the famous Helshoogte Pass area with its magnificent views. We will cycle into the Banghoek Conservancy with chances to meet the Eland and Blue wildebeest roaming here, stop at Boschendal for refreshment before cycling through the Franschhoek Valley. Here we will have a light lunch before heading back to Stellenbosch.
This unique E-Bike tour meanders through some of the best wine land scenery in South Africa. We cycle from Stellenbosch to Franschhoek. Meet local people and taste some of the great cuisine this region has to offer.
NB. Riders need to have intermediate mountain biking skills to do the tour and a general fitness level is required. Activity level 3/5
• Start at 9:00 from our office in Stellenbosch
• Cycle mostly jeep tracks and mountain bike trails over the Helshoogte Pass, a route used by the first
Dutch and French families who settled in the Olifantshoek valley in 1688. Later known as Franschhoek.
• Enjoy fantastic views and sites along the way.
• Learn about small mission stations and local people living in the Banghoek Valley.
• Get a chance to spot Eland and Blue Wildebeest as we cycle along multiple mountain streams in the
• Enjoy lunch and wine on a Franschhoek Wine estate
• Have time to explore the beautiful town of Franschhoek.
• Transport back to Stellenbosch by vehicle
Distance : Approximately 40 km
Elevation: Approximately 867 m
Road: Mostly jeep track and MTB trails, approximately 15 km of tar road
Ride duration: Approximately 4 hours
If you do this tour you get a 15% discount using the code #ADVBLACK.