The Mother City. Who wouldn’t want to visit? With our summer season quickly approaching, a lot of us are wondering if Cape Town is ready to welcome back tourists? And we are wondering is it safe to travel? Well, let’s try to answer some of those questions.
Is Cape Town Ready?
Yes, after months of lockdown and not knowing what was going to happen next, many of the attractions such as Lions Head and the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront have been preparing for this time. From doing maintenance to implementing safety procedures. They are ready and waiting for you.
Are Hotels Ready?
Similar to the attractions they have been preparing. Many hotels have done revamping and remodelling during this time. In some places, you can experience almost ‘new’ hotels, which lead to top quality and discounts never seen before.
Our safety measures being taken and what they are?
Many measures are being taken, and protocols are being followed to ensure both guest and staff safety. As much as they want you to enjoy your stay, safety is the top priority.
These are some of the measures being taken:
- All staff are being educated on COVID19, its symptoms, transmission, and what they should be aware of.
- Wearing a mask is strictly enforced. Guests will be required to wear masks when outside of their room, the exception is during eating and drinking.
- Fewer Spa appointments. Some Spa’s have reopened but are taking fewer appointments to allow sufficient time to disinfect and sanitise the areas and equipment according to government regulations.
- Gloves and other protective clothing have been implemented where necessary.
- All staff are tested daily for symptoms, and their temperature is taken.
- Guests are screened daily, which includes taking of temperatures.
Things to see while you are in Cape Town
There are so many things to do in Cape Town. But here are five activities which are recommended..
A recommendation is hiring a car from Drive South Africa. Hiring a car will help you avoid the risks of using transportation services.
Top 5 things to do –
- Lions Head
- Cape Point
- Boulders Beach
- Cape Winelands
- Camps Bay Beach
With low prices and summer fast approaching, why are you waiting? With borders reopening soon, you will be able to visit and travel around South Africa and experience our Culture and witness the beauty of our country, all while remaining as safe as possible.