Swop out the hustle and bustle of city life with a tranquil and romantic getaway to Kruger for an adventure-filled romantic getaway where you will witness wildlife and experience luxury in the African bush.
An unforgettable romantic Kruger safari is all you need to fall in love over again, with each other and the African bush.
When I think of a romantic safari - the things that come to mind are relaxation, decadent, luxurious accommodation, gourmet cuisine, good memories, romantic spoils, and of course - a fantastic wildlife experience in the African Bush.
If you are considering the Kruger National Park or the various private concessions within the Kruger as your romantic destination, let me sway you in coming for your unforgettable romantic getaway.
Why should you choose the Kruger National Park as your romantic safari destination?
- This iconic reserve has long been a classic destination for couples. If you want to experience unrivalled luxury - you should consider staying in one of the private reserves or concessions within the Kruger.
- Some of Africa’s most luxurious and smooth-running lodges are tucked away in these private reserves, offering you the most incredible big five game viewing experience and unparalleled service, guiding, and cuisine.
- Enjoy all the thrills of a big five safari. Head out on day and night game drives. Put your walking shoes on and go for a guided bushwalk. Enjoy a refreshing dip in your private pool, have a liberating outdoor shower relax in a soothing bubble bath or lounge on your private deck in the sun watching animals passing by, sipping your G&T.
- Relish in world-class cuisine, massages, private bush dinners, sunset cocktails, and rose petal turndowns.
- Experience a sleep-out under the stars, being lulled to sleep by the sounds of the African bush. There is no better way to spend an evening with a loved one, not to mention the fine dining provided by your chef.
- Spa treatments are a quintessential luxury on any romantic getaway, and when staying at one of the luxury lodges, you can expect the very best.
- Scheduled flights from Johannesburg International Airport and Cape Town International Airport arrive and depart daily from local airports near the Kruger, which cuts your travel time to under 2 hours from Johannesburg and approximately 3 hours from Cape Town. From here, a transfer gets you to your lodge. Several lodges have private airstrips, so direct flights are possible.
My Tips to You when considering a romantic Kruger safari :
- Most of the lodges offer all-inclusive packages, specifically aimed at couples. Book one of these, and you will not have to worry about a thing from start to finish.
- Combine a trip to the Kruger with a visit to one or more of Southern Africa’s other top attractions, like Cape Town, Victoria Falls, and Mauritius or Mozambique.
- Your trip can be tailored to suit your budget, with a choice of accommodation ranging from luxury lodges to more affordable lodges.
- Choose the most reliable tour operator, for example, Discover Africa - an operator that you can build a relationship with and that you can trust to give you the best advice and listens to what YOU want to experience. An operator that will do all your planning for you - that when you come, you enjoy your getaway with no glitches.